FirstLine Restoration Inc. is a licensed Mold Assessment contractor. FirstLine is licensed to perform mold inspections for residential and commercial buildings to find evidence of mold that may be adversely affecting building occupants’ health, and the value of the property. Using a variety of testing and sampling tools, our trained technicians implement the latest testing technology to find, collect, classify and determine the extent of damage so that it can be removed quickly and effectively.
For some people mold mycotoxins can be very nasty when inhaled so it is important to remove them in a fast and safe way. Our technicians document their observations, and summarize the sampling procedures and the results of laboratory analysis. Recommendations are also provided to address issues of concern.
Materials are visually assessed for evidence of water-impacts, water-damage, and visible assumed mold-growth (AMO). Water impacts, water damage and AMG are defined as materials showing the following characteristics:
- Visible staining on building materials in a pattern that was suggestive of contact with water.
- Corrosion of materials that was indicative of contact with water.
- Visible accumulation of AMG that fit a definite pattern that was associated with water contact.
The impacted building materials are observed during the course of the inspection and categorized and defined as follows:
- AMG-Impacted – Characterized by visible accumulations of AMG on building materials (either surface or penetrated) that fit a definite pattern consistent with a direct water release, condensation, or elevated humidity.
- Water-Damage – Characterized by water staining that includes physical damage and decomposition of the building material without evidence of AMG. Water damage is associated patterns of direct water contact whereby the binders within the material break down and the material loses its physical properties to perform the function for which it was intended.
- Water-Staining – Characterized by visible staining, corrosion, or discoloration in a pattern that was suggestive of direct water contact either from a water release or condensation, whereby the discolored portions of the building material are surficial in nature and did not penetrate the matrix of the material below the first layer.
Our Mold Inspection Services Include:
Storms are one of the multiple factors in increasing insurance bills By: Jackie Callaway Posted at 2:18 PM, Nov 11, 2022 and last updated 2:18 PM, Nov 11, 2022 Florida’s insurance industry was crumbling long before Hurricanes Ian and Nicole hammered the state. About 10 insurance carriers either collapsed or pulled back coverage in recent […]
Mold mitigation businesses have deployed trucks that are inundating Southwest Florida roads. Hundreds of them have descended upon the area to clean up properties after Hurricane Ian wrecked the coastal areas Sept. 28. One of the truck drivers made a 5,200-mile round trip from his home in Carlsbad, California, looking for new business opportunities. He […]
In the weeks since Ian pulled away from the Sunshine State, city workers and concerned citizens filed hundreds of pollution reports to the state’s Department of Environmental Protection By Kasha Patel and Steven Mufson November 2, 2022 at 7:00 a.m. EDT Flooded campers are seen at the Peace River Campground in the aftermath of […]
On October 17, 2022, in News Releases, by Staff TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Today, Governor Ron DeSantis visited Toledo Blade Elementary in North Port on the first day back in session following Hurricane Ian. While there, the Governor announced over $200 million in awards through the School Recognition Program to 1,400 schools across the state that have demonstrated […]